Monday, September 24, 2007

It's about Time

Okay so I am not any better than before! Thats what happens when you are a busy person! Okay so maybe not that busy but scattered anyway! However, I am back for another exciting entry on the family blog. Maybe things are not really exciting enough around here to keep up a blog. I will go ahead and try to get everything up to date though. Back in April I got MY first car! A 2004 Honda Element and I love it! It is my favorite color ORANGE. It is great. The kids and I took it to Missouri in May, for my niece, Stacey's, wedding which went great! The trip was a blast in the element. Butch flew out a few days later to meet us for the wedding. A few days after the main event the 4 of us left Missouri and headed for Tunica Mississippi, where Butch hit the poker rooms and the kids and I found other stuff to do! There happens to be a great museum there about the history of the Mississippi River. We spent a whole day there. We spent time enjoying the hotel room, too. It was a very fun and relaxing vacation for us, but after a few days in Tunica we had to hit the road again homebound.

Things were pretty normal after that for most of the summer. We attended Girl Scout Day Camp in mid July. By the way, if you don't already know this is Nelson's favorite week of summer! I have said, "this is the last year I am working day camp" for at least three years now, but Nelson always talks me into doing it again...he loves it and has a blast spending the week exploring every inch of the camp, swimming, canoing and seeing what kinds of trouble he can find. This year he swam across the lake and back (about 1/2 mile) fully clothed in jeans and t-shirt because he didn't WANT to wear or bring his swim suit. "I'm not going to swim today" is what I heard almost everyday that week, but had to deal with soaking wet clothes and shoes 4 out of the 5 days!

After day camp my niece and nephew Alex (17) and Zach (13) came from Texas to visit us for a week. We had a great time with them here. We spent 2 days downtown Atlanta being tourists. We took a night time tour of the city on Segways. What a blast! After a week with the cousins we had to take them home to Texas and to make it "worth the trip" the kids and I stayed for most of the month of Aug.! It was great, but very hot. We visited the Corpus Christi area family members and went to Fiesta Texas, visited the Alamo and the riverwalk of San Antonio. Also a blast!

Now we are back home and still trying to get things back to normal...normal? Whatever! Without notice the month of September is coming to a close and my head is still spinning! The kids are back to most of their activities...Dance and piano lessons for Caitlin and Cheer for Nelson along with some outdoor activities like tree climbing, canoe trips and some rock climbing. He is also contemplating going back to dance. I am contemplating going crazy!!

Well, that pretty much brings us up to date, on the kids anyway. Butch and I are both keeping busy with work. Butch is also busy shopping for a motorcycle in his spare time and filling the rest playing poker. I have started taking a new mind, body and soul class...how many people do you know get sore from a relaxation class? Well, you count me! I have my class 3 times a week and follow it with walking a mile or so...my Dr. thinks I need to exercise and lose weight. I think she is right! So I am trying to get started on that! And that about covers everything I think. So until next time...whenever that may be!!

No comments: